CHEESE TYPES AND HISTORY
At the end of this course you'll know all about the range of styles, types and groupings of cheese. You'll know how to classify what you see at the cheese counter, giving you some insight into the flavour and texture profiles you can expect when you consume the cheese. You'll also learn about the history of some of the most well known cheeses in the world.
This course is studied via distance learning, so you set the pace. We estimate this to be about 20 hours work.
- The origins of cheesemaking
- The origins of cheese types
- Cheese characteristics
- The classification of cheese varieties
- History of cheesemaking in New Zealand
- History of cheesemaking in Australia
You will be expected to complete a written assessment once you have completed your study of the course material. The assessment includes the following;
The assessment is to be completed then sent back to The New Zealand Cheese School for marking.
- Describe specific processes withing cheesemaking
- Compare and contrast the differences between similar cheeses
- Research and describe examples of cheeses made outside there country of origin
Upon completion of your enrolment you will be send the course notes and assessments via email.
You will be advised of your result within two weeks of receipt of your completed assessment.
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |