History and Types of Cheese
Module 1, New Zealand CheeseMaster
This course is delivered by correspondence and can be started at a time that suits the student.
At the end of this course you’ll know all about the range of styles, types and groupings of cheese. You’ll know how to classify what you see at the cheese counter, giving you some insight into the flavour and texture profiles you can expect when you consume the cheese. You’ll also learn about the history of some of the most well-known cheeses in the world.
This course is studied via correspondence, so you set the pace. We estimate this to be about 20 hours work. You will learn about:
- The origins of cheesemaking
- The origins of cheese types
- Cheese characteristics
- The classification of cheese varieties
- History of cheesemaking in New Zealand
- History of cheesemaking in Australia
- Full set of course notes
- Expert support and advice from Neil Willman, Principal & Director, New Zealand Cheese School
- Assessment of all assignments
Upon completion of your enrolment you will be sent the course notes and assessments via email.
You will be advised of your result within two weeks of receipt of your completed assessment.