SETTING UP A SPECIALTY CHEESE BUSINESS
This 1-day course, based on a recent case study, has been specifically designed for people considering the commencement of a specialty cheesemaking enterprise. You will be introduced to all the logistics of starting and operating a specialty cheesemaking enterprise.
2019 COURSE DATE
Monday 15th April 2019*
*This course will run subject to minimum enrolment numbers. If the course is cancelled a full refund will be given.
These courses are taught at the New Zealand Cheese School.
There is plenty of time to have all your questions answered in this course. We’ll make sure we cover the following topics in detail. This course runs from 9am to 4.30pm (approximately). Please arrive 15 minutes prior each day to ensure a prompt start:
- What is involved in setting up a business
- Licensing and regulations
- Costings involved
- Sourcing equipment and materials
- Labour requirements and costs
- Equipment requirements for various cheese options
- Buildings, infrastructure and waste management
- Food safety plans and HACCP requirements
- Comprehensive course notes
- Expert support and advice from Neil Willman, Principal & Director, New Zealand Cheese School and Sue Arthur, Director, Over the Moon Dairy
Information about accommodation and services in Putaruru is available on our Student Information page.