SETTING UP A SPECIALTY CHEESE BUSINESS
This 1-day course, based on a recent case study, has been specifically designed for people considering the commencement of a specialty cheesemaking enterprise. You will be introduced to all the logistics of starting and operating a specialty cheesemaking enterprise.
2021 COURSE DATE
*Monday 31st May
*This course will run subject to minimum enrolment numbers. If the course is cancelled a full refund will be given.
This course is held at the New Zealand Cheese School.
There is plenty of time to have all your questions answered in this course. We’ll make sure we cover the following topics in detail:
- What is involved in setting up a business
- Licensing and regulations
- Costings involved
- Sourcing equipment and materials
- Labour requirements and costs
- Equipment requirements for various cheese options
- Buildings, infrastructure and waste management
- Food safety plans and HACCP requirements
This course runs from 9am to 4.30pm (approximately). Please arrive 10 minutes prior to ensure a prompt start
- Comprehensive course notes
- Expert support and advice from Neil Willman, Principal & Director, New Zealand Cheese School and Sue Arthur, Director, Over the Moon Dairy
Information about accommodation and services in Putaruru is available on our Student Information page.